VCPI is accepting applications for the position of Program Manager
What VCPI needs:
VCPI is looking for a dynamic, creative, and talented individual to join our team as a program manager. This person will be responsible for bringing ideas to fruition in finished products and services, developing and delivering public safety training programs and services that reflect VCPI’s standards for excellence. The person in this position will be tasked with a variety of research and development projects dealing with critical and emerging issues in public safety. This person will work both independently and as part of an extensive team, including staff, instructors, and other partners in the development and delivery of national programs.
Are you the right candidate?
First, do you have the basic requirements?
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (Master’s degree preferred)
• Extensive experience in public safety leadership
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation/facilitation/instruction skills
• Proven curriculum development and project management experience
• Willingness and ability to learn and utilize existing instructional design processes and templates
• Technology and computer skills necessary to support effective curriculum development and instruction
• Ability to be both self-directed and work well as part of a team
• Some law enforcement/public safety experience preferred
Next, are you a good fit for VCPI?
• Do you have a passion for working with public safety and community members?
• Do you enjoy instructing, writing and conducting research on public-safety topics?
• Do you take ownership and pride in your work, and enjoy being part of an effort that’s bigger than yourself?
• Do you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment?
• Do you enjoy participating in idea generation and developmental and explorative processes?
• Do you subscribe to a life-long learning philosophy and practice?
• Are you passionate about life in general and do you put that energy into your work?
This position is a full-time position based in VCPI’s Richmond, Virginia offices. Some travel is required. Salary is competitive and the VCPI benefits package is designed to attract great people and keep them. VCPI provides a fun, casual, and professional work environment, lots of flexibility, and an opportunity to make a difference.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your résumé, a writing/curriculum sample and a cover letter to [email protected].