What VCPI needs:
VCPI is looking for a dynamic, creative, and talented individual to join our team as a program manager. Specifically, this person will be responsible for managing an expansion and enhancement of VA VINE, an existing automated victim notification system. This person will be tasked with a variety of program design, implementation, and management aspects associated with the enhancement, including the creation of a statewide VA VINE service provider network. This person will work both independently and as part of an extensive team.
Are you the right candidate?
First, do you have the basic requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Proven program development and project management experience, preferably in working with victims, victim advocates, victim services providers, and/or public safety
- Experience coordinating and facilitating focus group discussions and planning meetings, and writing detailed program reports
- Experience creating and managing program awareness efforts through a variety of methods (to include social media, press releases, media events, etc.)
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well as part of a team
- Must be compassionate toward victims and passionate about providing assistance
Next, are you a good fit for VCPI?
- Do you take ownership and pride in your work, and enjoy being part of an effort that’s bigger than yourself?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment?
- Do you enjoy participating in idea generation and developmental and explorative processes?
- Do you subscribe to a life-long learning philosophy and practice?
- Are you passionate about life in general and do you put that energy into your work?
This position is a full-time position based in VCPI’s Richmond, Virginia offices. Some travel is required. Salary is competitive and the VCPI benefits package is designed to attract great people and keep them. VCPI provides a fun, casual, and professional work environment, lots of flexibility, and an opportunity to make a difference.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your résumé, a writing sample and a cover letter to [email protected].