Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Provides Tips on Preventing Heat Stroke
Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Says “Beat the Heat”
Summer is definitely here, and the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office advises residents to follow these tips in order to stay safe during hot days:
1) Avoid direct sunlight exposure when possible.
2) Wear lightweight, loose fitting clothing. Also, wear light colors, sunglasses, and wide brim hats.
3) Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Drink plenty of water before and during outdoor events.
4) Take cool showers or baths.
5) Avoid alcohol and high sugar drinks.
6) Take frequent breaks to cool down.
Following these few tips can help you to avoid heat stroke.
Sheriff’s Office Asks Residents to Be Aware of Heat Stroke
As a follow-up to “Beat The Heat”, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office asks residents to read up on Heat Stroke.
This website is a good source to educate ourselves on this issue. The page regarding heat stroke provides facts, a definition, causes, signs, and much more.
Let’s stay safe this summer.